Ingenico is a France-based company, whose business is to provide the technology involved in secure electronic transactions. Its traditional business is based on the manufacturing of point of sales (POS) payment terminals, but it also includes complete payment software and related services, including software for merchants.
Development of payment processing services to comply with the new versions of payment protocols with swipe/chip cards, contactless payments on Fuel Point of Service. Moving on new libraries and frameworks, improving the continuous integration and unit testing.
What we did
- Moved our applications and libraries to the second phase of CI/CD strategic upgrade plan.
- Multiple bugs fixed, mainly on the server-side (AXIS) with occasional fixes in the embedded terminals (C3).
- Improved unit test coverage from 3% to 33%.
- Moved all codebase to C++ 14.
- Cleaned up 2 applications from compilation warnings (several thousands of warnings fixed).
- Adopted unit test setup to use (and therefore test) production like liquibase migrations.
- Upgraded several applications to use new advice framework for processing of payment advice.
- Introduced tool for checking coding style according to company rules.
- Improved codebase by making several refactorings.
- Working on dockerization of AXIS application (closely following latest AXIS architectural novelties).
Three of the applications are in the process of releasing a new version. Unit test coverage already does its job – some errors are discovered at the build stage, and QA goes more seamlessly.ДЕТАЛЬНІШЕ